Re: openmpi + c++11

Then good luck guys :)

On 29/10/15 20:35, Nico Schlömer wrote:
Not quite; I'm working with Felix and Graham and we're just ironing out
the last bits. After the Trilinos 12.4 release (which is oderdue), I'll
ping you again for a review.

Cheers,
Nico

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:28 PM Ghislain Vaillant <ghisvail@gmail.com
<mailto:ghisvail@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Do you want us to have a look at it and give you pointers to improve it
    or do you think it is ready for review ?

    Ghis

    <mailto:jperryh2@uoregon.edu <mailto:jperryh2@uoregon.edu>>> wrote:

     >     Ah, I didn't realize anyone was working on packaging
    Trilinos. That's

    <mailto:ghisvail@gmail.com <mailto:ghisvail@gmail.com>>
    <mailto:ghisvail@gmail.com <mailto:ghisvail@gmail.com>>>> wrote:
     >      >
     >      >     Hi Nico,
     >      >
     >      >     OpenMPI looks quite a beast to maintain due to the sheer
     >     number of
     >      >     patches. Updating the source package to the latest
    upstream
     >     version is
     >      >     unlikely to be a walk in the park as a result.
     >      >
     >      >     I believe your best bet would be to kickstart this effort,
     >     ask the list
     >      >     when you're stuck, and hope the maintainers eventually
    join you
     >      >     on-board. I could personally find some time to help on
    a few
     >     things, but
     >      >     would definitely not be able / willing to do this alone.
     >     That's probably
     >      >     the case for other people too.
     >      >
     >      >     Cheers,
     >      >     Ghis
     >      >
     >      >
     >      >     On 29/10/15 16:45, Nico Schlömer wrote:
     >      >     >  > Have you think to contact to the maintainers?
     >      >     >
     >      >     > Well, I filed a bug report a while ago on the upgrade
     >     issue. Not sure
     >      >     > how else to contact anyone?
     >      >     >
     >      >     > Cheers,
     >      >     > Nico
     >      >     >
     >      >     > On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 8:42 AM Leopold
    Palomo-Avellaneda
    <mailto:leo@alaxarxa.net <mailto:leo@alaxarxa.net>>
    <mailto:leo@alaxarxa.net <mailto:leo@alaxarxa.net>>>>> wrote:
     >      >     >
     >      >     >     El Dimecres, 28 d'octubre de 2015, a les
    16:42:06, Nico
     >      >     Schlömer va
     >      >     >     escriure:
     >      >     >      > Hi everyone,
     >      >     >      >
     >      >     >      > the OpenMPI in Debian is somewhat outdated; the
     >     current stable
     >      >     >     version is
     >      >     >      > 1.10.1 [1], Debian ships 1.6.5 [2]. A bug has
    been filed
     >      >     for this
     >      >     >     a while
     >      >     >      > ago [3].
     >      >     >      >
     >      >     >      > When compiling a C++11-enabled source, one
    gets loads of
     >      >     compiler
     >      >     >     warnings
     >      >     >      > of the kind
     >      >     >      > ```
     >      >     >      >
    /usr/lib/openmpi/include/mpi_portable_platform.h:374:34:
     >      >     warning:
     >      >     >     invalid
     >      >     >      > suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between
     >     literal and
     >      >     >     string macro
     >      >     >      > [-Wliteral-suffix]
     >      >     >
     >      >

      _STRINGIFY(__GNUC__)"."_STRINGIFY(__GNUC_MINOR__)"."_STRINGIFY(__GNUC_PATCHL
     >      >     >      > EVEL__) ^
    /usr/lib/openmpi/include/mpi_portable_platform.h:374:63: