Re: [caffe] one step closer to the final caffe package

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015, lumin wrote:

> Hi folks,
> (CC'ing people who are interested in package "caffe")

I would keep CClist a bit shorter (I am part of debian-science as well,
so no need for explicit CC)

> It is a good news that the package caffe in
> anonscm/debian-science/caffe.git builds again.
> Package caffe-cpu and package caffe-cuda shold be built properly on
> amd64 and i386 hosts.

great!

> However it's not quite in a good shape, currently I'm looking
> into these things:

>  * how to avoid FTBFS on ARCHs which are not amd64|i386,
>    because control :: build-deps contains CUDA (nvidia-cuda-toolkit)

make them architecture specific

gpu* packages should have  "Architecture: amd64 i386" and
nvidia-cuda-toolkit (in build-depends) should have "[amd64 i386]"

>  * letting custom target in d/rules work again

>  * adding a python-caffe-cpu, and a python-caffe-cuda pcakage.

>  * adding manpages for ELFs.

>  * is it ok to build-deps on nvidia-cuda-toolkit/experimental (6.5.14)
>    because cuda 6.0 in unstable is toooooooooooo old to work with gcc4.9
>    or even gcc4.8 when building caffe-cuda.
>    (it is said that gcc-4.6 was removed recently from unstable ...)

it is ok to depend but then you would need to upload to debian
experimental as well atm.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org