on detecting OpenCL compute capability

Hi all,

I have been packaging a few OpenCL libraries lately. For most of them, the test suite can only be run from an OpenCL capable machine.

Do we have an "official" mean to detect OpenCL compute capability within d/rules? I saw an example in ViennaCL where a small program is compiled for that purpose, but that sounds more like a hack to me.

How about using the clinfo utility for this purpose? Has anyone tried detecting OpenCL compute capability with it?

Best regards,
Ghis