Re: Packaging ASL (2)

Hi Leopold,

thank you for joining the ASL packaging efforts!

I'm sorry for not responding earlier - I just came back from vacations
several hours ago, where I had no email access at all.

The compilation errors you have experienced seem to be caused by the
lack of cl.hpp (C++ bindings) in OpenCL2.0. In the recent 0.1.5 release
we ship it along with ASL (you'll see some 'deprecated' warnings - its
ok, ignore them), OpenCL2.1 has C++ API as part of its specs, so there
should be no problem like this in the future.

You and Ghislain did very good work. Now I see that I was right asking
for help rather then diving into the Debian packaging guides myself -
should I have done this - I were not even close to what you have
accomplished and ASL 0.1.5 were not released either.

I only hope that one more packager will mean acceleration of the process
and not the opposite - so we probably should coordinate and divide the
work...

Ghis, is it Ok with you to move to Alioth/DebianScience in order to
eliminate duplication of efforts? Another question: were there any
problems/remarks with version 0.1.5 so now I can fix them?

Thank you again,
Zeev