Re: Contributing some R packages

[Hi Debian Science readers.  This is a followup to the thread starting here
   https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-med-packaging/2015-July/033697.html
]

Hi Jonathon,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 12:16:42PM +0200, Jonathon Love wrote:
> > I can not see the connection to medicine and biology but may be you
> > would like to clarify a bit.
>
> JASP is statistical software for applied researchers, designed to be
> familiar to users of SPSS. our team is actually almost entirely
> psychologists, but i imagine it would be very applicable to medical
> research too (i expect you guys use, t-tests, anovas, correlation, etc.)

Sure.

> > I would happily
> > support your attempt to package JASP - either in Debian Med or in the
> > Debian Science team (which might fit better but I'll leave the decision
> > to you).
>
> hmm, maybe i should move it to /debian science/, i erroneously thought
> that the list of meta-packages were sub-groups within debian science,
> and couldn't find one which fitted.

I think the package should show up here in any case:

   http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/statistics
   (Debian Science)

and also in the Debian Med task

   http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/statistics

The relation between Debian Med and Debian Science is "cooperative" and
I'm a member of both teams - even if I'm involved in Debian Med with the
highest priority.  I simply think that for some more general not
primarily medicine related software you might find more helpers in
Debian Science.

Finally it does not really matter whether you maintain the package in
Debian Med or Debian Science version control system.  Debian Med has a
bit better documentation (I just pointed you to the policy) while this
is work in progress in Debian Science.

> are you also part of the debian science list? or should i fresh post there?

I just moved the thread.  Please note that Debian mailing lists have the
policy to not CC single persons.  If you are not subscribed you should
explicitly ask for the CC.

In short:
   * create an alioth.debian.org account
   * decide yourself for a team (both are fine) and apply to this
   * commit your work
   * I'll sponsor it