Re: Open-sourced: OpenCL-based multiphysics simulation software package

Hi Zeev,

please always keep the Debian Science list in CC.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 12:48:13PM +0300, Zeev Pekar wrote:
> > Please make sure you have read, understood and applied this Wiki article
> >
> >     https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH
> >
> > to enable you `ssh alioth.debian.org`.  That's a quite important step
> > and curiously stumbling stone for reasons I do not understand.
> >

> Thank you for giving this link, strange that it is not mentioned
> anywhere in the guide I was provided with...

We included it in the Debian Med policy document.  Its a shame that
Debian Science policy is not properly maintained.

> I was able to make some progress, but got following error:
>
> avtechscientific-guest@moszumanska:~/asl$ git import-orig --pristine-tar
> ~/asl_0.1.4-rc.tar.gz
> git: 'import-orig' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
>
> on this step:
> http://debian-science.alioth.debian.org/debian-science-policy.html#id228466

Hmmm, this is the old gbp interface (see above about Debian Science
policy maintenance :-().  Try

    gbp import-orig --pristine-tar

(if in doubt read Debian Med policy which is more verbose and similar
in mind.)

> All this seems a bit confusing for somebody not familiar with Debian
> infrastructure, like me. May I ask you, to make the initial upload as
> required by the debian science policy, please. So that Anton Gladky will
> be able to continue?

Please try with the above hint.  This should work.

> Running `cpack -G DEB` inside of the build
> directory will create a generic .deb package ASL-0.1.4-Linux.deb with
> the DEBIAN/control file that can be used in the beginning... This would
> give me some extra time to polish the upcoming release.

You can add this as debian/control.

> Vielen Dank im Voraus!
> (wer weisst vielleich wird es auch dem Robert Koch Institut behilflich
> sein :)

Wäre schön. :-)