Re: First GDL packages ready for upload

Le 22 Juin 2015 09:01 CEST, Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> a écrit:

> Hi,
>
> I prepared the first three packages that use GDL, and I will upload them
> in the next days:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-astro/packages/mpfit.git
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-astro/packages/coyote.git
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-astro/packages/idlastro.git

Stupid question : would those links be long term ? If yes,
it should be rather easy to add few lines in GDL to use
that even for others OS ... And put it in paths under end user control.

Great, I started to review, but not sure to be able to go deep in details
in few days. In the GDL testsuite, we already have tests related to these
packages (e.g. test_mpfit) and I also have "private" tests cases ...

For sure, since it is not possible to stop you on this way,
I realize that the most useful would be to have the CMSV lib
from Craig M. https://www.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/cmsave.html
SAVE and RESTORE in GDL need it.

Maybe the HEALpix code might another candidate ?
This code is widely used in IDL and works rather well in GDL
on the numerical side (graphics are not perfects)
(Since the default config and install are not that trivial,
if need, I am in touch with one of the main contributors.
Maybe some cleanup may help)

I also have a copy of TexToIDL2.12 lib. ;-)

best regards

Alain

PS: concerning the versioning, this is for me an issue.
What can be do ? If the packages gain success, we will have
feedbacks, and need to modify, versioning ...
putting tests in GDL pro (need version >= XYZ)