Re: ITP: rank-width -- compute rank-width and rank-decomposition of graphs

On 06/21/2015 08:11 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> * Package name    : rank-width
>   Version         : 0.7
>   Upstream author : Philipp Klaus Krause <philipp@informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
> * URL             : http://pholia.tdi.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/~philipp/software/rw.shtml
> * License         : GPL-2+
>   Programming lang: C
>   Description     : Compute rank-width and rank-decomposition of graphs
>
> rw is a program that calculates rank-width and rank-decompositions. It is based on ideas from
> "Computing rank-width exactly" by Sang-il Oum, "Sopra una formula numerica" by Ernesto Pascal,
> "Generation of a Vector from the Lexicographical Index" by B.P. Buckles and M. Lybanon and
> "Fast additions on masked integers" by Michael D. Adams and David S. Wise.
>
> It is a dependency of sagemath.
>
> Notice the upstream name is "rw", and provides both a library (librw0)
> and an executable (rw) -- for sagemath we only need the library, so I think I'll just package
> that. But I might rename it librankwidth, because a two-letter name looks quite awful. Does
> that sound good ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Snark on #debian-science

Hi,

you might ask upstream if they would consider renaming the program. That
would be the best solution.

You could consider also packaging the executable to make the program
usable outside of Sage. At least the additional dependency for this
(libigraph) is in Debian.

Best,
Tobias