Re: Fwd: RFS: arrayfire/3.0~beta-1 [ITP] -- High performance library for parallel computing

Hi Ghislain,

On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 11:21:32PM +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> Let me know what I did wrong here.

I checked the log of the script that is gathering the machine readable
data.  It says:

machine-readable.log:Can not find debian/changelog in /git/debian-science/packages/arrayfire.git

and the reason is clear.  The code that leads to it is

  if git show HEAD:debian/changelog 2>/dev/null > $TMPCHLOG ; then

inside the Git repositoriy on git.debian.org.  If your master branch
does not contain a debian/ dir it can not parse the metadata.  I'm
not comfortable with the tag based packaging and whether there is
some safe way to fetch the debian/ dir from a raw Git repository.

I would not make this mandatory for the sponsoring since once the
package is in the NEW queue the metadata can be fetched from there.