Should non-science packages needed by science packages be maintained by Debian Science?

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of packaging memtailor [1], a C++ memory allocation
library which will be a Build-Depends of macaulay2 and mathic, two math
packages which ultimately will be maintained by Debian Science.

Would it be appropriate for Debian Science to maintain memtailor, or
should I just maintain itself?  Theoretically, it could be a dependency
for some future non-science package.

Thanks!
Doug

[1] https://github.com/broune/memtailor