Re: Bye bye Debian Science

Hi Sylvestre,

On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 11:25:26PM +0100, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Just a quick email to let you know that I am going to quit this team.
> Indeed, since I started my new job at Mozilla, I am way less interested
> in Science package.

This does not come unexpected and while I'm a bit sad this is a perfectly
good reason to leave.  Thanks for officially letting us know rather than
vanishing silently.

> I would like to take this opportunity to ask if someone would like to
> have admin permissions on alioth to manage the registrations (for now,
> we are only two admins and the other is as inactive as I am).

I'm fine to add registrations for Debian Science.

> Ideally, this person should be motivated to "reboot" the Debian Science
> team. The policy should be improved, the package list cleaned up, etc.
> No need to be a DD to work on it.

I would like to stress the point that we really urgently need somebody
who keeps the coordination of this project together, volunteers to work
on policy etc.  I'd happily support this effort as I always tried to
support Debian Science but I need to restrict my time slices since I'm
focussing my time on Debian Med.

So, is there any volunteer to tkae the lead who can trust for beeing
supported by some active team members?