Re: Bye bye Debian Science

Hi,

Le 05/02/2015 23:25, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
Hello guys,

Just a quick email to let you know that I am going to quit this team.
Indeed, since I started my new job at Mozilla, I am way less interested
in Science package. My Debian time is more focused on the LLVM toolchain
and some other non scientific packages (besides Scilab).

I am a bit sad to leave this team that I helped created a while ago but
clearly, I haven't been very active in 2014 (besides trying to find
active maintainer for hdf5, openmpi, blas, lapack, etc). By the way,
thanks for the folks who are actively working on this key packages.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask if someone would like to
have admin permissions on alioth to manage the registrations (for now,
we are only two admins and the other is as inactive as I am).
Ideally, this person should be motivated to "reboot" the Debian Science
team. The policy should be improved, the package list cleaned up, etc.
No need to be a DD to work on it.

Cheers,
Sylvestre

Thanks for what you did, and looking forward to what you'll do :-)

Snark on #debian-science