Re: Sage/SIngular: static vs dynamic

Hi Jerome,

the most common reason to build statically linked programs is to get
distributable binaries that run on many different systems (which the
developers of Singular offer on their homepage). If this is the reason
why static build is default can only be answered by the Singular
developers. For Debian the program should be dynamically linked.

Best,
Tobias