Re: Welcome to Debian Astronomy!

On 2014-03-23 14:45, Ole Streicher wrote:
Dear astronomy enthusiasts,

the Debian Astronomy list was just created. This is a major step for an
astronomy specific Debian Blend.

The list has been created to concentrate the discussion about how to use
Debian in Astronomy, which packages we need, helping people in using
astronomy related packages, helping to get software packaged etc. Please
subscribe, fill the list with interesting discussions, and spread the
existence of the list to your colleagues and friends.

Information and subscription may be done at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-astro/

So far, we have now three mailing lists:

* debian-astro@lists.debian.org - the users and developers discussion list.

* debian-astro-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org - Maintainer of
astronomy related packages in Debian. Info and subscription:

* debian-astro-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org - automated VCS commits
for our packages. Info and subscription:

The alioth project page for our project is at
https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-astro/ .

Best regards

Ole

This morning I tried to join the project on alioth. I created an account (username olberg-guest) and then submitted the following comment in the "Request to join project Debian Astronomy & Astrophysics" form:

"I am working at Onsala Space Observatory, the Swedish national facility for radio astronomy, operating two radio telescopes and a LOFAR station on site, and (with partners) the APEX telescope in Chile. We are also the Nordic ALMA Regional Center. I have some experience with Debian packaging, mostly maintaining packages for spectral line data reduction (xs: a package developed in house, and gildas: the Grenoble Image and Line Data Analysis Software developed at IRAM) for my colleagues using Ubuntu or Mint."

However, I almost immediately received "Your request to join the Debian Astronomy & Astrophysics project was denied by an administrator" :-(

What did I do wrong?

cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Olberg                               <olberg.michael@gmail.com>
Wallingatan 5B                                    phone:  +46-300-10778