Re: UNRELEASED when searching for a sponsor (Was: RFS: eclib -- library and tools for elliptic curves)

Am 04.08.2014 17:14, schrieb Andreas Tille:

> I agree that this workflow has some advantages *IF* PET is used and I
> would really welcome if we could implement PET for Debian Science as
> well (any volunteer??)

While it would be useful to have the PET regardless, there's a caveat
about the sponsoring workflow. It only works if everybody in the team
knows of this workflow and uses it, otherwise sponsors can not
confidently upload packages based on whether the distribution is set in
the changelog. Maybe that does not work in large teams, at least that's
the experience from the Games Team, where we tried a bit to implement
this workflow which didn't work. Still using a Wiki page with
sponsorship requests there.

> Do you know what method is used if the sponsor finds some things the
> sponsee needs to change?

I guess that's then up to their judgement. If the changes can't be
implemented very quickly, one of them should set the field back to
UNRELEASED.

Best,
Tobias