Pkg config lintian error

Dear people on the Debian Science mailing list,

let us introduce ourselves. We are the developers of CrystFEL, a package for the analysis of data from Serial Femtosecond Crystallography, and we are stationed at CFEL in DESY, in Hamburg. I am one of the delvelopers of the package and I am currently packaging CrystFEL for the inclusion in the Debian. I made a lot of progress, mainly with the help of Frederic-Emmanuel PICCA. I am now stumbling on a pkgconfig error, but I don't understand where it comes from, so I am turning to you for help.

The crystfel.pc file is like this:

---Start ---
prefix=@prefix@
exec_prefix=@exec_prefix@
libdir=@libdir@
includedir=@includedir@

Name: CrystFEL
Version: @VERSION@
Cflags: -I${includedir} @LIBCRYSTFEL_CFLAGS@
Libs: -L${libdir} -lcrystfel @LIBCRYSTFEL_LIBS@
--- End ---

After the subtitutions are carried out, this is what I get:

---Start ---
prefix=/data/Software/crystfel/stage
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: CrystFEL
Version: 0.5.3a
Cflags: -I${includedir} -g -O2
Libs: -L${libdir} -lcrystfel  -lutil -lhdf5 -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm -lfftw3