Re: RE:Which task(s) should for python-xrayutilities [ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org: python-xrayutilities_1.0.4-1_i386.changes is NEW]

Hi folks

On Sun, 2014-07-20 at 05:48 +0000, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> > I noticed that python-xrayutilities arrived in new[1].  Besides the fact
> > that I noticed it has priority extra even if Debian Science policy says
> > packages should have optional as priority.
>
> Sorry, I missed this point...

Yeah, sorry, missed that one too.

> >  I wonder in what tasks this
> > package might fit in.  As always I would like to remember maintainers of
> > Debian Science packages to care for adding their packages to the Debian
> > Science tasks.
>
> Eugen can you look at the debian-science tasks[1]  and tell us in which section you want to see python-xrayutilities.
> I will add it these task files. (if you want you can do it also by yourself :)
>
> I will put it also into the Debian-PAN gid task (grazing incident diffraction)

As python-xrayutilities is a package used to develop applications and
scripts I would rather put it into one of the *-development tasks.
The following tasks would be reasonable

Data acquisition development
Nanoscale physics development
Physics development

I definitely would like to add the task files by myself - if I would
know two things

1.) where to get them from
2.) where to put them in the package (google was not very instructive in
this case).

@Fred: bought a book on autotools recently ;)

regards
  Eugen