Re: RFS: ngspice-26

Hi Gudjon,

On Sat, Jul 05, 2014 at 09:14:22PM +0000, Gudjon I. Gudjonsson wrote:

> >    https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB
> >
> > It is really not that hard but simply makes you better understand how
> > Blend (should ... if more people try to understand the concept) work.
> Thanks, that was easy :)
> I think I understand the concept and I like the idea but got lost in the
> details in the documentation.

:-)

> Can you please upload ngspice?

I just realised the Wiki entry.  However, it is not fully clear to me
how this package should be built.  I have done

    debian/rules get-orig-source

and obtained the files

    ngspice_26.orig-manual.tar.gz
    ngspice_26.orig.tar.gz

I admit I never dealt with multi source tarball packages and may be I
did it wrong.  After unpacking both tarballs I copied the debian/ dir
into ngspice-26/ and said pdebuild:

 dpkg-source -i.git -I.git -b ngspice-26
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building ngspice using existing ./ngspice_26.orig-manual.tar.gz ./ngspice_26.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory manual
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/aclocal.m4, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/NEWS, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/configure.ac, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/README, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/ChangeLog, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/manual.lyx, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/Makefile.am, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/INSTALL, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/Makefile.in, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/AUTHORS, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/COPYING, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/configure, use --include-removal to override
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory manual/Images
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file manual/Images/Example_Circuit_C2.gif, use --include-removal to override

This does not look good to me.  I personally would try to create
packages 1:1 per upstream tarball and would use Files-Excluded in
debian/copyright to exclude files that should not be distributed.
In any case I'd (strongly) recommend using xz compression if you
are recreating the tarballs.

So, how to create the package properly?  I must admit I'll be
traveling tomorrow to LSM in Montpellier - so will not be able
to upload before Monday.