RFS: pynfft/1.3 [ITP Bug #728282] -- Python wrappers for the NFFT library

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: wishlist

Dear mentors, I am looking for a sponsor for the following python bindings around the
Non-uniform Fourier Transform (NFFT) library. I am already the maintainer
of the nfft source package and the upstream author of the wrappers. * Package name : pynfft Version : 1.3 Upstream Author : Ghislain Antony Vaillant <ghisvail@gmail.com> * URL : https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyNFFT * License : GPL-3 Programming Lang: python Description : Python bindings to the NFFT library A candidate version of the package is available at: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/pynfft.git The package has been tested in cowbuilder, made lintian free and is compliant
with the most recent Python packaging guidelines described in https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide .

The following packages are built from the pynfft source package:
python-pynfft: Python 2 build of the bindings
python-pynfft-dbg: corresponding debug strip
python-pynfft-doc: common documentation package
python3-pynfft: Python 3 build of the bindings
python3-pynfft-dbg: corresponding debug strip

The relevant entries to the mathematics-dev and physics-dev tasks have been
updated and a SoB entry is still open in https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB .

Cheers, Ghislain