vtk6 transition should be on hold

Anton,

  With all due respect, I think you are pusing too hard on vtk6
transition. I may be very biased but for example support for VTK6 was
pushed in GDCM only weeks ago.

  I do not believe that *forcing* for vtk6 transition will help people
move gracefully from one API to the new one. The step is really big.
As said before I would have hope for a smoother transition with first
a migration to vtk5.10.

  As you may have noticed I fill two grave bugs on vtk6 package
(#749920 & #750171), I expect at a minimum that vtk6 packaging is
cleanup before true migration can occur (past vtk package maintainer
hat on).

  Furthermore you have not outlined in #749395 how you are going to
detect python-vtk, vtk-tcl and vtk-java package API breaks. As per
your request:

https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/vtk6.html

  you only required ".depends ~ "libvtk5.8"", while clearly all
scripts based vtk package should be tested (vtk6 is an API break[*]
with removed API, namely the SetInput one are the most visible one),
see: $ apt-cache rdepends python-vtk for some possible (as you noticed
some are not listed on ben transition page).

Regards,
[*] Yes I mean API, not ABI.