Re: Re: Slicot in Debian

Hi Lukas,

Le mardi 22 avril 2014 à 10:45 +0200, Lukas Reichlin a écrit :

> I would like to "bump" this thread [1] from mid-2012 about creating a free fork of SLICOT, which has finally gone from GPLv3 to non-free a few months ago (version 5.5). What do you think about a joint effort between Debian, GNU Octave and Scilab to maintain a free fork, based on SLICOT 5.0, similar to arpack-ng [2] ?

I am ok to participate in that endeavor. I already created a Debian
package for version 5.0 of slicot
(https://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/slicot).

Note however that my help would necessarily be limited, since I am not
familiar with the math underlying slicot.

Cheers,

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer