Re: luasseq FTBFS fix

Hi Rupert,

I'll keep the list in CC - we are a team and will do open discussion,
right. ;-)

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 05:06:16PM +0000, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Thank you very much for the fixes you put into the packaging. I've read
> through them carefully and I think I understand what each does. I also
> think I've fixed the FTBFS bug. It was down to some deprecated functions
> being removed in Lua 5.2 (they had existed with different names for
> several versions).

Fine.  Since I have no idea about lua at all this was quite needed.

> As you might have guessed, this is the first time I've fixed a bug in a
> package and uploaded a changed version. I believe that I have done the
> following so far
>
>  (1) Fixed the bug locally and built versions with the fix
>  (2) Pushed the changes to git.debian.org/.../luasseq.git
>  (3) Used dupload to push the built packages to mentors.debian.net

I personally more or less ignore mentors.debian.net.  I'd like to
sponsor via Sponsoring of Blends:

   https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends/SoB

and I just injected a row for luasseq for your personal comfort.  Feel
free to use this page in future cases.  I also made sure that all
preconditions are fullfilled. ;-)

> The built packages haven't appeared in the "recently uploaded packages"
> list at mentors.debian.net yet, which is slightly worrying, but I'm
> hoping that's just an update frequency thing.

There is no need to worry when using the SoB bypass ...

> Is there any chance you could glance over the changes and consider
> sponsoring the upload? (Or tell me if I've got something horribly
> wrong!)

Well, there were some issues lintian would have told you.  Most
importantly you need to use the same ID in d/control and d/changelog -
otherwise it is considered as NMU.  Please make sure you get this
correctly next time.  You also forgot to close the bug in d/changelog.
I fixed this quickly and uploaded.

> Thanks for your time,

You are welcome