Re: Replacing iausofa-c by erfa

Hi Ole,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 01:19:26PM +0100, Olе Streicher wrote:

> However, the license of the package is questionable wrt DFSG and the IAU
> only cooperated by changing the license up to a certain
> point. Specifically, one item is still in the license which is not
> really nice to us ([3], §3c):
>
> | The name(s) of all routine(s) in your derived work shall not
> | include the prefix "iau" or "sofa" or trivial modifications
> | thereof such as changes of case.

> Therefore, I would like now to move SOFA to non-free in jessie. Are
> there any objections for this?

While I'm not strongly opinionated about this I wonder what might be the
sense to move a package which was once accepted in main should be moved
to non-free.  I understand thet the license is not "nice" but IMHO it
does not move it to non-free.  It would be another thing if you would
say that erfa is a complete drop in replacement and we could drop SOFA
at all without loosing anything.