Proposal: Add blas.pc, lapack.pc pkg-config files for blas, atlas

Hi,

I'm proposing to add blas.pc and lapack.pc pkg-config files to the BLAS,
LAPACK
and also ATLAS packages. These packages provide the Blas and lapack
routines,
with Atlas providing optimised versions; they are drop-in compatible.
It should be
possible for software to auto-build by finding whichever is installed using
`pkg-config --cflags --libs blas`
for example.

For atlas, I propose to provide atlas.pc with blas.pc being an
alternatives symlink
to it.

Are there any comments before I write a patch to do this?

best regards
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry  , <alastair@sceal.ie> , <mckinstry@debian.org>  http://diaspora.sceal.ie/u/amckinstry
Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is either a madman or an economist - Kenneth Boulter, Economist.