RFS: pyfftw/0.9.2 [ITP Bug #728085] -- python wrapper for FFTW3

Package: sponsorship-requests
Severity: wishlist

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the following package:

* Package name    : pyfftw
  Version         : 0.9.2
  Upstream Author : Henry Gomersall <heng@kedevelopments.co.uk>
* URL             : http://hgomersall.github.io/pyFFTW/
* License         : GPL-3, some windows-specific headers in BSD clause-2
and 3
  Programming Lang: python
  Description     : A pythonic wrapper around FFTW, the FFT library,
presenting a unified interface for all the supported transforms.

Following a first and successful packaging experience with the NFFT
library (a big thank you to Andreas Tille for his patience and advice),
I give you this very useful and under heavy development Python wrapper
for the FFTW3 library. It is used by other python scientific packages
such as pyoperators and, I believe, would be a nice addition to the
existing portfolio of scientific python packages.

Upload to the git repository in
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/pyfftw.git
should follow shortly.

Cheers,