Re: Switching from openmpi to mpich2 on ia64?

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Mathieu Malaterre <malat@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
>> The 1.6 release of openmpi fails badly on ia64, see Bug #720419.  As no
>> solution appears to be forthcoming, maybe the best would be to remove
>> ia64 from openmpi's arch list and switch to mpich2 as default
>> implementation for mpi-default-{bin,dev}?
>
> Why bother ? Itanium support is being dropped. At least this what I
> understood from a RM request on my of my package:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/727600

Sorry misread the bug description, it only applied to upstream Mono. I
got confused with the recent mail from Niels [*], where no porter for
ia64 showed up.

Anyone knows what's the actual status of Itanium then ?

[*] https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2013/10/msg00071.html