[Repost] RFS: cpl-plugin-* [ITP] -- ESO data reduction pipeline recipes

Dear mentors,

Since I didn't get response since three weeks, I am reposting my
Requests For Sponsorship so that it does not get lost:

I have prepared five packages that have a similar structure and are to
be used as plugins for the "cpl" library and the "esorex" and
"python-cpl" packages. Each plugin contains the software to process
("reduce" in the astronomer's slang) the data of one instrument mounted
at the Very Large Telescope (VLT) of the European Southern Telescope
(ESO) in Paranal:

* cpl-plugin-hawki/1.8.12-1
* cpl-plugin-sinfo/2.3.3-1
* cpl-plugin-fors/4.9.23-1
* cpl-plugin-giraf/2.11.1-1
* cpl-plugin-amber/4.2.2-1

RFS:
* HAWK-I  http://bugs.debian.org/723962
* SINFONI http://bugs.debian.org/723968
* FORS    http://bugs.debian.org/723970
* GIRAFFE http://bugs.debian.org/723971
* AMBER   http://bugs.debian.org/723972

Source package URL:
* HAWK-I  http://mentors.debian.net/package/cpl-plugin-hawki
* SINFONI http://mentors.debian.net/package/cpl-plugin-sinfo
* FORS    http://mentors.debian.net/package/cpl-plugin-fors
* GIRAFFE http://mentors.debian.net/package/cpl-plugin-giraf
* AMBER   http://mentors.debian.net/package/cpl-plugin-amber

All packages are GPL and upstream developer is ESO. A common overview
for the pipelines is on http://www.eso.org/sci/software/pipelines/

The packages are all built using a common template, so reviewing all
five should be not much more work than for one.

Relevant differences between the packages:

* The copyright files are special since usually the upstream source code
is collected from several sources. I always checked where their use can
be replaced by Debian packages (like sextractor in cpl-plugin-fors).

* Dependencies differ a bit (libfftw, libwcs).

* The packages are usually accompanied with a number of files used for
calibration purposes. Due to their size, I did not always include them.
I have chosen a limit of ~10MB package size, so that calibration
packages exceeding this size will not include the files but download
them during the package installation. (cpl-plugin-amber-calib).

Best regards

Ole