Re: debian/upstream::references:multiple_components

Hi Yaroslav,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 01:14:47AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2013, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > Hi Yaroslav,
>
> > we do just have the key "Debian-Package" which for instance is used in
> > ncbi-tools6 source d/upstream file.  IMHO this exactly addresses what
> > you want to address with "Files".  And yes, it leaves the strict
> > "upstream" land ... but we somehow need this.
>
> > Did I missunderstood you?
>
> nope -- you just got a partial understanding of my concern ;-)
>
> Debian-Package is insufficient for what I am pursuing, since
> package might contain e.g.  1000 small .csv datasets for which I would
> have separate publication references.  Making separate binary packages
> for each would not make sense.  And I would still like to have ability
> to associate a particular group of files (e.g.
> /usr/share/data/collection1/author-*.csv) with a publication.

Ahhh, now I've got it.  From my point of view once we have broken the
"pure upstream data principle" with the Debian-Package field anyway I
can not see a reason why we should not go into further detail.  I have
no idea how you actually want to *use* the data you want to inject into
d/upstream, but that's no reason for me to stop you injecting it.  You
might want to send me a patch for the UDD importer in case you want the
data in UDD as well.