Re: Mpich 1/2/3

On 07/07/13 18:01, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
Anton Gladky <gladk@debian.org> writes:
2013/7/4 Torquil Macdonald Sørensen <torquil@gmail.com>:
However, I have a question concerning multiarch and update-alternatives:

In libmpich-dev.postinst, update-alternatives requires the library file
paths as arguments. These paths include DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH, so the command
dpkg-architecture is needed. So it seems that libmpich-dev must depend on
dpkg-dev to solve this problem? Is this acceptable, or is there some another
solution?
I had never yet such situation. But I think it is OK to add dpkg-dev into
Depends-section if it is necessary.
You can determine the architecture at build time and generate a postinst
using this information. Binary packages shouldn't have to use
dpkg-architecture.

Ansgar

Ok, so I could e.g. include a template file debian/libmpich10.postinst.in, so that debian/rules would use the output of dpkg-architecture to create an appropriate debian/libmpich10.postinst at build time, with the correct library location for the update-alternatives that it executes.

Can I trust dpkg-architecture to always return the correct architecture triplet? Or is there any cross-compilation or such that would force me to do it in other ways? I'm not very familiar with how things are done on the Debian build servers.

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen