Re: Adding libquadrule-dev to mathematics-dev task?

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 11:13:44AM -0400, Mike Neish wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> >from the description I would consider libquadrule-dev as a good
> >candidate for the Debian Science task mathematics-dev.  Mike, if you
> >look at the set of tasks we have assembled in Debian Science at
> >
> >    http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/
> >
> >would you think that it might better fit into another task or perhaps
> >mentioned in more than this one?
> That seems like a good fit to me.

Done.

> At the same time, I would also put
> libquadrule1 into the "mathematics" task. Unfortunately there's no
> screenshot available, since it's just a C library.

That's actually the reason why we do not really put library packages
into user oriented tasks.  Usually there are other user applications
that depend from this library.  There are some library packages that
also create some libfoo-utils binary package which provides users
with some test applications or other useful stuff they could *call*
and this are good candidates for the user oriented task.  For libraries
we usually go with the libfoo-dev package into the development task.

Thanks for your opinion about this anyway