Re: Stupid fumble with bug numbers

Le 17/03/2013 10:10, Ansgar Burchardt a écrit :
Sylvestre Ledru<sylvestre@debian.org>  writes:
On 17/03/2013 09:56, Julien Puydt wrote:
That is what I did to reopen the bug ; but for closing the real one, is
it the best course of action?
you can do:
702898-done@bugs.debian.org

Ideally with a "Version:<version>" header at the beginning of the
message so the BTS knows in which version the bug was fixed.

I didn't do that.

or mail control@bugs.debian.org
with
fixed 702898<version>
thanks

Marking a bug as fixed alone in a version doesn't close the bug.

I mostly did that, but added a message after thanks (--) for the user. I understand it doesn't close the bug but only marks it as fixed in a particular version.

Sylvestre also said:
>> Update it in the changelog, the next upload will fix the issue.

Which I interpreted as saying the bug would be closed by the next upload if the changelog entry was modified (which I did).

So in short, the three things I did up to now are:
- reopen the other bug
- mark the bug as fixed in 4.0.1-2
- modify the changelog in the git repository

Is it enough?

Snark on #debian-science