Re: Databases in sage

Le 02/01/2013 15:20, Jan Groenewald a écrit :
It is fairly trivial to make a metapackage sagemath-data which depends
on all the sagemath-data-* sub-packages.

Yes ; TH's name propositions are good.

I have some idea how to make "binary" packages, e.g. I repackage
sagemath into a PPA by simply unpacking the files, so nothing is really
built. There must be many *-doc packages in or *-data pacakges in debian
that will show you how to do this with best practice.

It looks like aptdaemon-data is really small and simple (apt-get source
aptdaemon-data) and a good example with a very simple rules file. It
uses files ending in .install in the debian directory to list files to
install. The rules file contains something like
> <cut>

Well, the question is more on how to make it fit into debian-science framework of upstream+debian branches, given that there are no real sources.

Snark on #debian-science