Re: You can now check BibTeX file obtained from debian/upstream files

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > DSCPackages = {source1, source2, ...} # there could be multiple
> > or
> > DEBPackages = {binary1, binary2, ...}

> > so that .bib is sufficient to point to the corresponding package(s)
> > ?

> There is the (not yet documented Field[1]) "Debian-Package" where you
> can restrict a citation to a certain binary package.

I saw it -- but this one is to be defined in debian/upstream.  It is not
present atm in the generated .bib file where Debian-Package (if we just
maintain the same name as a name of bibtex field, may be just remove '-'
since I am not sure if that is supported in bibtex, i.e.
DebianPackage) could be automatically  filled up -- you already
have package names in the .tex table you generate, but not in .bib
(which is what I whined about)

> There is no real solution for having one citation for more than one
> source and binary packages (and I have no idea how to implement this
> with the current system).

wouldn't it come natively if I have a copy of debian/upstream with
references in multiple source packages?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences