Re: Fwd: RFS: scscp-imcce/0.7.0+ds-1 [ITP] -- IMCCE SCSCP C Library

Hello:

On 28/08/12 12:16, olivier.sallou@codeless.fr wrote:

Le 8/28/12 12:12 PM, Steffen Möller a écrit :
Hello,

I am totally swamped, but also like seeing so many astronomers now
surfacing on Debian. I would like to introduce you to Olivier on the cc
line, who I have some hope to be located (relatively speaking) close to
you. Should Olivier (unexpectedly as I experienced to know him) not be
available, and nobody else on debian-science show up, then contact me
again, please.
Hi,
I won't be able to look at this before 2 weeks. But I would be glad to
help after this.

I am glad to read that.

Nevertheless, please observe that this package concerns a library that implements the SCSCP protocol.
This protocol is meant for communication between CAS (Computer Algebraic Systems) as Maple, Mathematica,
GAP, ... Actually is is already implemented in Maple and the last GAP (not yet available in Debian).
So to speak, it is this package does not target astronomers in particular. Personally, I am not an
astronomer. I have in main to write an ad hoc CAS to deals with polygonal knots which can be called
by softwares used in protein biology as GROMACS, PyMOL, ...

I guess that I should made this point clearer before.

Olivier

Cheers,

Steffen