Re: cctbx debian package

On Wed, 18. Jul 15:15, Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:11:10 +0200
> Radostan Riedel <raybuntu@googlemail.com> wrote:
> ok, I found thoses libraries in Debian main
>
> cbflib-bin - utilities to manipulate CBF files
> cbflib-doc - documentation for CBFlib
> libcbf-dev - development files for CBFlib
> libcbf0 - shared library supporting CBFlib
> python-fabio - I/O library for images produced by 2D X-ray detector
>
> so it seems that the upstream provide a thin wrapper around the cbf lib.
> but looking closely to the pycbf module it seems to me that this is a
> copy of the official cbf library. Can you confirm that this pycbf
> python module is the one provided with cbf [1]
I think cctbx needs this to build an extension "_pycbf.so" But I'm not sure if
they did any changes here. I'll remove that file from the patch for now and
start investigating.

> In that case we should work with the cbf maintainer and see if the
> python binding could be package on its own, do
> 1) check that both cbf python binding are equivalent
> 2) found the real homepage of the official pycbf which seems to be part of cbflib.
> 2) fill a bug against cbflib package to add the a python-pycbf package. (it seems thaht pycbf is available from cbflib source package).
> 4) do not build pycbf from cctbx
> 5) one of you sumerize all this in the wiki once we are clear about this problem ?
>
> cbflib is also maintained by Maintainer: Morten Kjeldgaard <mok0@ubuntu.com>. Do you have some news ?
I didn't hear anything yet from him!

> > There are also 2 directories that should be moved (boost_adaptbx/boost -->
> > boost, clipper_adaptbx/clipper --> clipper) I solved this with distutils but we
> > can consider moving them when we do a repack and remove clipper, boost
> > directories.
>
> boost_adaptbx/boost is a copy of the official boost_python ?
> idem for clipper ?
No. This is part of the boost_adaptbx package. But they are setting pythonpath
into boost to be able to call it:
import boost
instead of
import boost_adaptbx.boost
But since I don't want to break upstreams logic I'm moving that directory with
distutils. This works good. Same for clipper_adaptbx/clipper

> if yes thoses two directories should be removed from the source package.
We can remove the packages containing boost, scons and clipper since we don't
need it anymore. We just need to keep a few cctbx specific header files under
clipper.
> you will manage to find a way ;)
I did find a way but I need to figure out which header files are really
important for the shlib. I don't have a clue how to do that. Should I just look
into the cpp files and check what is included? Or should I just install all
header files under modules directory?

regards
Radi

[1] http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/software/CBF/