Two astronomy-related RFSes up for sponsoring (since 2 months)

Hi,

I have sent these two RFS a little bit more than two months ago. I have put a lot of effort into them (for instance I've worked with upstream to fix bugs in yp-svipc and port it to Python 3) and I'd be sorry if they missed Wheezy for lack of a sponsor.

yp-svipc: System V InterProcess Communication
ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/668841
RFS: http://bugs.debian.org/669209
http://mentors.debian.net/package/yp-svipc

This package builds plug-ins for the Python and Yorick interpreter to expose the SysV IPC to interpreted code. This permits building parallel codes and sharing memory segments between processes.

The Yorick plug-in can be used by [YAO], an adaptive optics simulator, to make faster computations thanks to parallelisation. The combination of the two plug-ins allows building mixed Python/Yorick applications.
[YAO] http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/yorick-yao

gyoto: General relativistic geodesic integration and ray-tracing
ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/640809
RFS: http://bugs.debian.org/669016
http://mentors.debian.net/package/gyoto

Gyoto allows computing trajectories (e.g. of stars) and ray-tracing images in the vicinity of compact objects such as black holes. It is usable as a C++ library, a stand-alone utility executable, and a Yorick plug-in.

I'd be really, really grateful if someone from the community would have a look.

Kind regards, Thibaut.