Re: Another broken Git repository

On 06/10/2012 04:58 PM, David Bremner wrote:
> Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
>
>> As a Git beginner I think there are many powerful features in Git but
>> also many ways to end up with a broken repository.  That's a bit
>> frustrating, thought.  Any hint?
>
> I guess mycae-guest did not use the setup-repository script.
>
> I have run
>
>   /usr/bin/git --bare init --shared
>   /usr/bin/git config --add hooks.mailinglist \
>                "debian-science-commits@lists.alioth.debian.org"
>   /usr/bin/git config --add hooks.cia-project debian-science
>
> i.e., just copy pasted the relevant lines from the script.
>
> Hopefully that fixes it ... if so, maybe another script called
> "fixup-repository" would be useful.

For some time now I can't do anything when I log in to alioth.debian.org
since it seems that /srv/git.debian.org is mounted read-only. E.g. my
repository (viennacl.git) is missing the cia-project hook entry, but due
to the read-only file system I cannot change it.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Michael