Re: [goodell@mcs.anl.gov: [mpich2-announce] Announcing the availability of MPICH2 1.5b1]

On Jun 4, 2012, at 10:58 AM CDT, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> I've made the initial work towards a working package for mpich2 1.5
> (pushed to git).
>
> I think that this version should be targeted for Debian wheezy instead
> of the current 1.4.1. However, for this to happen, we need a working
> package uploaded to unstable by the end of this month.
>
> Dave, do you have a release schedule for 1.5? Do you know when the
> final release is expected ? Is the 1.5 branch in feature-freeze, or is
> development still happening?

There might be another beta release (1.5b2) this month.  Right now we're aiming for 1.5 final in August some time (unclear right now whether we will hit early August or late August).  Features will continue to be added at least through all of June and part of July.

> Dave, It seems that the mpeinstall script assumes that the following
> directories exist:
> $DESTDIR/usr/bin ; $DESTDIR/usr/sbin ; $DESTDIR/etc/mpich2 ; $DESTDIR/usr/share/man/man4
> Could you check if there's something wrong there?

I'll look into this.  Are you saying that these directories are not being created but they should be?  Or are you saying that these directories are not correctly named in some way?  Or something else?

-Dave