Debian at ESRF

Dear debian-science community,

Following Yaroslav's message, I would like to advertize the migration
of the European Synchrotoron (http://www.esrf.eu) at Grenoble to
Debian6; succeeding to RedHat4 and Centos5. For the moment, the
migration is ongoing: only the computer controlling the particle
accelerator, a few data analysis servers and part of the computing
cluster has been migrated but most of the computing infrastructure
will migrate this year.

ESRF aims at organizing a workshop around debian, introducing the new
operating system for the scientists and explain to IT staff how to
distribute and backport software. We would like to invite some
representatives of Debian-science to join this workshop. For the moment,
neither the date neither the program is fixed. We should have some
budget for travel reimbursement.

Cheers,

--
Jérôme Kieffer