Re: RFS: GNU C-Graph for Debian

David,

Adrienne Thompson<agt@codeartnow.com>  writes:

Dear Debian Science Team:

This is a request for sponsorship of GNU C-Graph. Your Debian FAQ
advises that the following information be included:

Dear Adrienne;

Thanks for the mail. In Debian jargon, sponsorship refers to uploading a
debian package prepared by the person requesting sponsorship. Do you
intend to do the packaging work? If so, you might find

        http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

useful as a starting point. There is also irc channel #debian-mentors on
irc.debian.org and mailing list debian-mentors@lists.debian.org.

If on the other hand, you don't have time or motivation to do that work,
what you want to do is file a "Request for Package" bug. On a debian
system "reportbug wnpp" should guide you through the steps. Essentially
the same information you provided in your mail can be cut and paste into
reportbug.

Thanks for the helpful information. It's not that I'm not motivated to do the packaging, I would like to learn how to package debs but my desk is cluttered with work for the next couple of months at least, and my internet connection is constantly under attack by Cylons.:)

To make things worse, my Lenny has been outdated for months, I'm unable to install anything using aptitude or apt, and I haven't found the time to fix, upgrade or whatever. I tried running "reportbug wnpp" but I kept getting an error message indicating something like:

... exim bad -f address "galactica@regnier..com" domain missing ormalformed ... original write failed ...

So some googling suggested that I send the information to submit@bugs.debian.org.

I hope this works out. Let me know if you need any further information.

Adrienne

--
Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!

GNU C-Graph - http://www.gnu.org/software/c-graph