From: Pablo Duboue <pablo.duboue@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: Big Data and HSM - Grau OpenArchive
To: Jan Behrend <jbehrend@mpifr-bonn.mpg.de>

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Jan Behrend <jbehrend@mpifr-bonn.mpg.de> wrote:

> Jan Behrend <jbehrend@mpifr-bonn.mpg.de> wrote:
>>In the meantime any commnts or experience with AGPL?
>
>  Anyone?

Hi Jan,

Licenses don't change by uploading packages to Debian, although if
there are incompatibilities or issues, sometimes we ask for upstream
to consider a licensing change [1] (even then we can't mandate
anything, the worst that can happen is that we can't carry the
software anymore, the owners of the software are all the time in
control). From the Wikipedia page of AGPL [2], that license is fine
for Debian main (the page itself points to a Debian bug [3] saying
so).

At any rate, questions about licensing are better directed to debian-legal.

Good luck with your package!

P.

[1] http://forum.vuze.com/thread.jspa?threadID=90780
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License#cite_ref-DFSG_FTP_masters_ruling_0-0