Re: You can now check BibTeX file obtained from debian/upstream files

Hi Yaroslav,

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:05:54AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> quick better-later-than-never comment: wouldn't it be nice to have some
> bibtex fields to signal which packages the reference relates to? e.g.
>
> DSCPackages = {source1, source2, ...} # there could be multiple
> or
> DEBPackages = {binary1, binary2, ...}
>
> so that .bib is sufficient to point to the corresponding package(s)
> ?

There is the (not yet documented Field[1]) "Debian-Package" where you
can restrict a citation to a certain binary package.

There is no real solution for having one citation for more than one
source and binary packages (and I have no idea how to implement this
with the current system).

Kind regards and thanks for the comment

    Andreas.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata