Re: cctbx debian package

Hi,

OK, I tried to fix that hardening warnings lintian was giving me but I'm somehow
confused. I manage to give support for CXXFLAGS, CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS.
And it's working. Problem is on a few exe's or shlibs hardening-check is giving
me "no". So I went back took one exe and compiled it by hand:

$ g++ -o clipper/examples/symtest.o -c -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 ../cctbx_sources/clipper/examples/symtest.cpp

$ g++ -o exe_dev/clipper.symtest -Wl,-z,relro -s clipper/examples/symtest.o -lclipper-core -lm

$ hardening-check exe_dev/clipper.symtest
exe_dev/clipper.symtest:
Position Independent Executable: no, normal executable!
Stack protected: no, not found!
Fortify Source functions: no, only unprotected functions found!
Read-only relocations: yes
Immediate binding: no, not found!

Am I missing something?

regards