Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 06:40:02AM +0200, Olе Streicher wrote:
>> How is the process to include packages there?
> It is basically editing the files in
>
>    svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/science/trunk/debian-science/tasks
>
> Any DD should have commit permissions by ACLs (if it does not work for
> you I'd keen on knowing this).  If it is not self explanatory you might
> like to have a look in the Blends documentation[1].

I am not a DD yet.

>> I recently packaged for the "astronomy" task:
>> - saods9
> It is just mentioned in the task [...]
>> - sextractor
> Is just in task
>> - iausofa-c
> This is binary package libsofa-c-dev which I just added to
> astronomy-dev.
>> - starlink-pal
> Same here: -> libstarlink-pal-dev
>> - starlink-ast
> -> libstarlink-ast-dev
>> - wcstools
>   wcstools into astronomy
>   libwcstools-dev into astronomy-dev
>> - wcslib
>   wcslib-tools into astronomy
>   wcslib-dev into astronomy-dev

OK.

>> - python-pywcs
>   into astronomy

astronomy-dev (see below)

>> - funtools
>   funtools into astronomy
>   Question: what about tcl-funtools? Should this be included
>             as well / instead
>   libfuntools-dev into astronomy-dev

Sorry: I think this should be removed from the task lists. Although I
recently packaged it, it is considered deprecated by its authors, and
only used within saods9. It should not be used for new developments.

>> - cpl
>   libcpl-dev into astronomy-dev
>> - esorex
>   esorex in astronomy
>> - python-cpl
>   I'm unsure where this might fit best

Into astronomy-dev, like python-pywcs

Just some more comments on the list:

* wnpp "MIDAS" is of 2007 and is already archived. Keeping it on the
  list may be misleading.

* The Python packages seem to have no defined place. Some (like
  python-pyfits) are in astronomy-dev, other (like python-scientific)
  are in astronomy. I think this should be consistent, and given that
  they are more used for writing analysis scripts than for interactive
  use, I would put them to "-dev". The same for "tcl" packages.

* I have a package "xpa" that is designed to be of general use, but in
  fact only used by one, astronomical, package (saods9). Maybe it would
  be useful to put this onto the list as well?

Best regards

Ole