Re: RFS: ngspice_24-1

"Gudjon I. Gudjonsson" <gudjon@gudjon.org> writes:

> Finding the minimal latex dependencies is however difficult. I gave up when
> building sdcc and just sat them to texlive-full, 2GB. Do you have any hint on
> how to do that?

Good question.

In general, TeX produces a log file indicating (among other things) all
direct input files.  However, when using LyX (as in this case), the log
normally winds up in a temporary directory; to compensate for that, you
can run lyx --export latex manual.lyx and then directly run latex on the
result.  From there, a shell one-liner will indicate which packages you
need:

$ sed -ne 's,.*(\(/usr/share/tex\),\1,p' manual.log | xargs dlocate -S --package-only
latex2html
lmodern
texlive-base
texlive-generic-recommended
texlive-latex-base
texlive-latex-extra
texlive-latex-recommended

However, latex2html depends in turn on most of the texlive-* packages
above, so you just need it, lmodern, and texlive-generic-recommended --
plus texlive-lang-greek, which this method didn't catch because TeX
doesn't log font usage in such detail. :-/

BTW, I'd also advise moving all such build dependencies to
Build-Depends-Indep if possible, as appears to hold here.

Thanks!

http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu