Re: meaning license statement

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 09:19:29AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Gerber van der Graaf wrote:
>
> > I am building debian packages of FreeFOAM and come across the following
> > license statement in
> > ./applications/utilities/postProcessing/graphics/ensightFoamReader/global_extern.h:
> >  *   Copyright 1998 Computational Engineering International, Inc.
> >  *   All Rights Reserved.
>
> This is the important bit, All Rights Reserved generally means
> non-free, non-distributable. Please inform upstream and get them to
> replace it.

You're mixing author rights and licence. The above is not unfree, it's
just the legal bottom line.

Here is a content chunk of /usr/share/doc/gcc/copyright:

| Copyright (c) 1999 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
| All rights reserved.

As for the rest of the mail, I have no idea about this license
statement.

Bye, Mt.

--
Everything should be made as simple as possible but not simpler.
  -- Albert Einstein