Re: Please upload qwtplot3d for me

Hi Frédéric

Thanks

On Sunday 13 May 2012 10:10:15 PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:

> You did the "mistake" to add a symbol file for a c++ library [1].

Yes, I admit. I have updated the .symbols file now according the webpage you referred to and committed the changes. I am not convinced I have done it correctly. It builds with pbuilder but then lintian gives the error below.

E: libqwtplot3d-qt4-0: symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-

revision on symbol _ZN5Qwt3D6TripleD1Ev@Base and 6 others

but I don't find the symbol in the .symbols file.

If I build with dpkg-buildpackage, I get no lintian error.

May I ask you to take a look again?

Regards

Gudjon

E: libqwtplot3d-qt4-0: symbols-file-contains-current-version-with-debian-revision on symbol _ZN5Qwt3D6TripleD1Ev@Base and 6 others

N:

N: Debian revisions should be stripped from versions in symbols files. Not

N: doing so leads to dependencies unsatisfiable by backports (1.0-1~bpo <<

N: 1.0-1 while 1.0-1~bpo >= 1.0). If the debian revision can't be stripped

N: because the symbol really appeared between two specific Debian

N: revisions, you should postfix the version with a single "~" (example:

N: 1.0-3~ if the symbol appeared in 1.0-3).

N:

N: This problem normally means that the symbols were added automatically by

N: dpkg-gensymbols. dpkg-gensymbols uses the full version number for the

N: dependency associated to any new symbol that it detects. The maintainer

N: must update the debian/<package>.symbols file by adding the new symbols

N: with the corresponding upstream version.

N:

N: Severity: important, Certainty: certain

N:

N: Check: shared-libs, Type: binary, udeb

N: