sage packaging questions

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:57:26AM +0100, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> I guess a quick hack would be to simply set the value part (the (char*)"")
> to the value we know it has in Debian to get rid of this.

thanks Bernhard, the approach You pushed works a lot better.
nevertheless i get a segfault upon starting sage (interestinly, in
libsingular.so).

before i bother anyone with details i would like to push what i have
done so far. let me start with two things.

- sage needs polybori 0-8-0. theres a git repo for 0-5-* produced with
  git import-dsc and an incomplete svn repository with version 0-8. i
  have prepared a (local) repo with upstream history (from hg),
  cleanedupstream (-M4RI) and a debian branch (with more fixes than
  those i pushed to svn). i dont know how to proceed.

- there is a git repo in http://github.com/sagemath/sagelib containing
  the python core (and a library) of sage, and there are hg repos
  containing sage-scipts and the notebook. these make three (rather
  experimental) source packages, which i'd like to upload. is this okay?
  and if "yes", how should i call them? (neither of them has anything
  to do with the 'sagemath' source package).

regards
felix