Re: Help needed getting started

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 05:34:09PM +0200, Michael Wild wrote:

> Sorry for the noise, just found the problems myself...

:-)

> 1. The password for the web-interface also works for the SSH login
> (somehow I assumed only key-based authentication would work, don't know why)
> 2. Contrary what the docs say in the SSH-key dialog at
> http://alioth.debian.org, only RSA keys are accepted, and you only find
> out when you look at the error message that gets generated in
> ~/.ssh/authorized_keys... Perhaps it would be nice adding that to
> mentioned Wiki page?

You can perfectly do this - it's a Wiki (if you do this you probably
will do Alioth admins a faour because of saving their time to care for
the page).

> I have another question though: The team-policy says I should update the
> appropriate meta-packages. However, in the case of ViennaCL it is not
> quite clear which meta-packages would directly benefit from it. It could
> be used in mathematics, physics, robotics, astronomy, chemistry, you
> name it, but it wouldn't be an application or even a topic-specific
> library, it is rather a library on which you could base such
> applications or libraries.

The sense of those metapackages is to support all fields which can make
some reasonable use from the package in question.  So if I understand
you correctly *all* packages would need such an entry because we do not
want to hide this packages say for instance from astronomers because the
package is simply "hidden" in for instance robotics.  So the tasks are
not intending an exclusive categorisation but rather reflect what is
useful when doing a certain task.

I'd be happy to "proxy" the edit of the tasks files for you in case you
are not sure.  Just tell me what name the binary packages might get.