Development environments (spyder and others?)

Hi,

I just learned about spyder where the description says

 Spyder (previously known as Pydee) is a free open-source Python
 development environment providing MATLAB-like features in a simple
 and light-weighted software

It is recommended in the numericalcomputation task which is probably
very reasonable.  However, I the following idea came into my mind: What
about a task say development (or general-dev, devel-general, whatever
name) where we could recommend some development frameworks specifically
addressing scientific work.  Provided others might know other packages
which might qualify for such a task, what do you think about this idea?